Monday, September 20, 2010

Death Row



I shot a story for Marie Claire UK that just came out this month. The article was on two men on Death Row. It was definitely one of the most interesting shoots I've ever shot. It's extremely weird to know that both men are now dead.

Both of the guys seemed very normal and were really polite and nice. I talked to Michael for a while, waiting for the guards to move him. His dad passed away a month earlier, and my dad had passed away a couple of months before. So we talked about dads, and there influence on our lives. We talked about wanting there approval in all the things we do, and how fortunate we were to have good dads. It was a really good talk.

If you get a chance, you should read the article, it is extremely interesting. One fact that stands out to me is that..."You can send 168 kids through Harvard with the amount of money it takes to kill one person on Death Row."


No comments:

Post a Comment